Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bogus Pomp Plays Tonight

If you're a Zappa fan living anywhere near the central Gulf Coast of Florida, be sure to hop in your car and head over to the St. Pete Garage Bar in St. Petersburg (of course) tonight for an acoustic show by the brilliant Bogus Pomp, featuring Jerry Outaw. From what I've been able to determine, the show begins at 8:00pm, but I would call the venue (727.553.9212) to verify that, since I've seen different times and even dates (!) posted at various spots around the Web.

On the other hand, if you're far, far away from our sunny corner of the world--or, like me, simply knocked for six by a nasty, take-no-prisoners variant of the flu--you'll have to be content with a video snippet. Let's see if I can find something good...ah-HA! Check out this one, in which Jerry accompanies The Persuasions for an acapella version of My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama. It's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment