Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vel Omarr sings Sam Cooke's A Change is Gonna Come




Such a perfect--and perfectly beautiful--song, don't you think?

I've been peeking in on the debate throughout the afternoon and evening, and I honestly can't stomach too much more Republican ridiculousness.

Republicans: we get it. You oppose the bill. You'll never vote for it; but then, you were never planning to anyway. Can you please stop the pathetic grandstanding now? There is only so much localized hypocrisy and lying one planet can handle before it gets thrown off its axis.

Happy Sunday, everyone. Change has been a long time coming, but I really believe it's here. At last. And I've a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of it in the coming months.

(H/T Jaqueline, who sent me the original audio-only Sam Cooke version.)

No comments:

Post a Comment